Estes - Starblazer Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stantonjtroy

Reaction score
Well I finally finished it. The airframe anyway. I loved the-mod roc so I had to do an upscale. Main airframe is 4" with a 3" lower frame. All flight surfaces are G10 glass. 38mm mount, finish is Duplicolor Paint Shop lacquer blue and clear, Vinyl decals by Stickershock (thanks Mark). Pollished Slimline tailcone set off the finish. A little heavy (8lb) but sims out well on a I284, just over 2200ft. I still have to wire the altimiter and install the recovery system. Hope to put it up at the March or April MDRA monthly launch. In all I'm happy with the result.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• 101_1324.jpg
    101_1324.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 101_1325.jpg
    101_1325.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 101_1326.jpg
    101_1326.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
very impressive ! I can imagine a lot of work went into it..and it shows

Thanks. being as this is a gallery, I may as well post the clone I did a couple years beck. Had a number of flights on it before a tree ate it. Think I might do another with my son.....to go with dads.

DSCF0027.jpg

Last edited:
Yessir ,that is a gorgeous looking bird ,the paint work looks great and you got to love the size of that thing ! Sweet.

Must look impressive sitting on the pad and lifting off.

Paul

Well I finally finished it. The airframe anyway. I loved the-mod roc so I had to do an upscale. Main airframe is 4" with a 3" lower frame. All flight surfaces are G10 glass. 38mm mount, finish is Duplicolor Paint Shop lacquer blue and clear, Vinyl decals by Stickershock (thanks Mark). Pollished Slimline tailcone set off the finish. A little heavy (8lb) but sims out well on a I284, just over 2200ft. I still have to wire the altimiter and install the recovery system. Hope to put it up at the March or April MDRA monthly launch. In all I'm happy with the result.

Post copied to gallery with permission

That's gorgeous!

Yes, beautiful work....

Where's Forecheck.. He's got one too....

Not quite as big, but here is my Starblazer X-20, courtesy of K&S Rockets with decals from Stickershock23. Only had one flight so far, on a CTI H133 Blue Streak in a 38/29 adapter, nice straight boost, timed the delay perfectly and landed about 15 yards from the rail.

I like the stuff that Scott from K&S sold me, and Mark Hayes makes even my mediocre work look good.

Hats off to both of you guys!

G.D.

IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0017.jpg DSCF1030.jpg

Jeez, now that I see how well you made yours, I want to do one with a D-12 engine... Very nice work all :cool:

Back