Estes - Protostar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got one on the build pile, to be done up in a metallic blue color (Rustoleum Premium automotive lacquer).

That one has grown on me. At first I thought it looked too obviously like a SPEV, but since I saw one in person I changed my tune. It's pretty cool.

Bill, definitely post pics when yours is done.

Finally got my Estes Protostar done, in Rustoleum Premium automotive lacquer (Matte Blue). Not sure when I'll have the chance to launch it due to the CV plague closing all the lauches down. DSC02003.JPGDSC02004.JPGDSC02005.JPG

Well that could be interesting. Do post pictures once you have it built.

Spare Parts Elimination Vehicle - a kit produced to use up excess inventory, in the case of the Protostar it uses the the same nose cone/tail cone assembly as several other Estes rockets and three sci-fi style nose cones converted to fin pods.

Spare Parts Elimination Vehicle - a kit produced to use up excess inventory, in the case of the Protostar it uses the the same nose cone/tail cone assembly as several other Estes rockets and three sci-fi style nose cones converted to fin pods.
I don't think I've heard official confirmation from John Boren, but the Protostar *really* looks like it was motivated by an excess inventory of those crazy nose cones. Nonetheless, it works, and those cones lend it a unique look.

Back