Estes Plans - Augie II (#28) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember the name, but the scan on that plan was pretty rough. Nice to put a face to the name. :wink: When's the first flight?

Flew it today at the Mantua Township Missile Agency's launch in Aurora, Ohio. Because it was the first flight, I went with a B6-0/A8-5 combination. It nevertheless went much faster and higher than I was expecting, and one of the other people there asked me if it was flying on C motors.

Built the Lil' Augie (EIRP 10) a few years ago. Still haven't launched it, though. I suspect that its first flight will also be its last. The major difference between the two versions is that the Augie II has a larger augmenter tube (BT-60 instead of 1" mailing tube) and is slightly longer. The Augie II also uses a version of "pop and go" staging instead of gap staging as in the LA. With the larger diameter augmenter there's a probably a slightly better chance that you'll be able to track and find it.

(Since you can't get Estes motor mailing tubes anymore, I used a length of ST-10.)

Lil Augie 3.jpgLil Augie 2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Estes Plans Augie II (#28) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Plans Augie II (#28) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes Plans: Augie II: #28

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Plans Augie II (#28) Basic Information.

estes%20old%20logo.gif
Estes Plans

MODEL NAME: Augie II Also known as:

NUMBER: #28

Introduced: 1965
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, 2 Stage
Motor Mount: 1x18mm/1x18mm
Recovery: Tumble/Parachute
Stages: 2
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

estes%20plan-augie%20ii%2028-plan%20image.jpg
Plan Image

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes%20plan-augie%20ii%2028-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back