• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes Nova Payloader (1960) Decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintJohn

Reaction score
Looking for a set of decals for the Estes Nova Payloader. My father built this one back in the late 80's, at some point during its long history and many flights, the "Nova Payloader" name decal peeled/crumbled to bits.

I know the kit was around for a long time, and while this older one had waterslides I'm not sure if they became stick-ons later. I'd take either if anyone has since I just need the name decal. So, if you've got a decal sheet from a kit you used as spare parts, kit bashed, or maybe just did a custom design on, let me know. I can PayPal you a few bucks for them and cover the cost of shipping (should be fine in a regular envelope).

Thanks!
IMG_8628.JPG

Tango Papa should have those. Would be better quality then an old set plus he usually puts a few extras on a sheet to fill it out so you could probably build a whole new rocket to go alongside your Father's old one.

Andrew

Tango Papa should have those. Would be better quality then an old set plus he usually puts a few extras on a sheet to fill it out so you could probably build a whole new rocket to go alongside your Father's old one.

Andrew

Thanks. He doesn't have it listed on his site...then again the says it hasn't been updated since 2013 lol.

It's pretty annoying that he doesn't keep his website up to date. Especially since the prices advertised are no longer accurate. Having said that however, he has a lot of decals available that are not listed and he will make you just about anything. He has always responded to my E-mails within hours and the product is as good or better then brand new kit decals. But hey, if someone wants to send you an extra they have, you can't beat free. ;) I totally don't blame you.

Andrew

It's pretty annoying that he doesn't keep his website up to date. Especially since the prices advertised are no longer accurate. Having said that however, he has a lot of decals available that are not listed and he will make you just about anything. He has always responded to my E-mails within hours and the product is as good or better then brand new kit decals. But hey, if someone wants to send you an extra they have, you can't beat free. ;) I totally don't blame you.

Andrew

I'll try shooting him an email. Thanks!

Just so all of us rocketeers are on the same page, you can actually still buy this kit from eRockets for the very reasonable price of $15.19. He has 8 in stock. There's also a vendor on eBay who has 4 in stock for a buy-it-now price of $23.50.

I feel this is pertinent information to know if your asking price for this particular sheet of decals can be rounded to a triple digit number.

My thought behind posting this "wanted" thread was to avoid buying a perfectly good (complete) kit and "ruining" it simply for one decal, or paying for a full sheet of decals from someone like Tango Papa or Stickershock just for the name.

A few years back I needed a nose cone for a Big Daddy that suffered a shock cord separation, and someone on here sent me one and wouldn't even take reimbursement for the shipping. The guy figured it was in a bucket he had filled with nose cones doing nothing, better to pass it along to someone who could use it.

So, remembering that I said to myself, "this rocket's been in my collection for years just missing the name decal, let me take a shot in the dark, maybe someone here has a set lying around collecting dust they'd be willing to throw in an envelope with a stamp. After all, I have a folder with a bunch of decal sheets in it from kits that I've used for parts or screwed up the paint on and just never used. If someone needed a set and offered to PayPal me $5 to cover the cost of an envelope, stamp, and the effort it takes to place it in my mailbox and put the flag up, I'd help them out."

I will probably just end up picking up one of those kits from eRockets the next time I order from them, since the cost of the whole kit is probably the same as having a vendor print a set for me. But, in the meantime, if you stumble across this thread, and actually have a set, can we be realistic as to its value? 🙂

Last edited:
The decal was originally waterslide, then stickers for the next two releases. The most recent re-release (at AC Supply and eRockets) is back to waterslides, but the graphics match the stickers (actually neater/cleaner lines than the originals).

Start a "conversation" with me and send me your address and I'll send you a set of decals.

(I'm kind of a Nova Payloader aficionado and have built several and generally fly one every time I go to fly.)

Back