• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Mercury Atlas Masters Series #2111 Main Body Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenomx

Reaction score
Hello TRF'rs I am looking for a Estes Mercury Atlas Masters Series #2111 main body tube. Yes the illuusive 3.44". Bought a kit with a smashed BT. I know it's either cut down a BT-101-100 which I don't want to do, make a glassed tube out of card stock or just stare at parts and decals. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I would pay good money for said tube. Would like to give this bird a good chance at hitting the sky. Thank you.

You can make a scratch built Atlas from Semroc!
I would give you a link to my thread about the Atlas but im not on a computer.

That would be great. I have all the parts I just need the body tube. I checked their site but didn't see a listing for the tube.

Thank you guys for your input.

Chadrog that's the same guy I bought it from :facepalm: if I end up buying that one too I will be nervous lol

what your saying is you need a body tube ?
check this one
https://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1056

The BT-101, used on the Maxi V-2, had a diameter 3.94", so it's a 0.50" too big on the diameter. You could use it though, if you cut a longitudinal strip out of it, then glued the two cut edges together. The strip to cut out would have a width of 1.57" to get it to a circumference of 3.44 diameter tube (i.e., ~10.807").

Greg

Thanks guys that is what I will do if no one came up with one in their archives.

Back