Estes Gooneybirds request

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

Huge Member
Reaction score
My Fat Boy based Cloudhopper gets paint tomorrow and will soon be flying alongside my similarly scaled Star Snoop. I'd like to continue on and build the rest of the series this way, but I'm currently stymied by the lack of fin patterns for the Missile Toe, Zoom Broom, Galaxy Guppy and Sky Shriek. Does anyone out there in forumland have tracings that they could send me? I would be forever appreciative. (I'm not Sicilian or anything, but first generation white trash has been known to occasionally return favors also. :D )

Fishhead,

That's an easy one to fix...sorry I didn't see the post earlier.

All the fin patterns and the decals are here.

https://www.dars.org/jimz/estes.htm

Just scroll down to Estes kits number 0850 thru 0855.

They are all there...all the Gooney Birds.

They are in tiff format so you have to download each page individually...just download the fin patters and the decals...badda boom, badda bing!

sandman

Fishead,

I'm sorry, I just checked and you are right...the plans are there but no fin patterns...very strange.

I gotta talk to JimZ about that!

sandman

I also have all the decals for them. I'm making
a 'fat boy' upscale fleet also.

JimZ..

I got the fin scans for the Snoop and the Bird from the JimZ site. I've been on this quest for a while. I'm beginning to thing that maybe the fin scans for the others don't exist. Jeez, I'd fake it, but they wouldn't be "stock" then, would they?:D

Back