EnerJet F52-12C

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While going through my inventory I found an EnerJet F52-12C. The delay is to long for any of my rockets even something as light as the Estes Majestic. I don't think there is any way to shorten the delay. Any thoughts on what to do with these (they come in packs of two.) I guess you could dump the ejection charge and use as a plugged motor.

Thoughts

I’ve used long delays on lighter rockets with my Chute Release but never one that long. It would work with a dual deploy setup using the motor ejection as a backup or the second recovery event.

Is that a composite motor? Empty the powder, drill the delay through the hole in forward bulkhead, 1/32" per second, reinstall powder.

Build an Apogee Aspire or similar design?

That would work - I did a quick couple of sims in Thrustcurve and a So Long (sustainer only) or an Aspire both show approximately a 12 second delay. The apogee is pushing 3800 feet so if you want it back you’ll need a tracker of some kind or really, really good eyes!

I’m in the same boat. I have two of those that I picked up dirt cheap thinking I’d find a use for them. Haven’t flown either one.

Going to use them as a back up ejection in a duel deploy.

While going through my inventory I found an EnerJet F52-12C. The delay is to long for any of my rockets even something as light as the Estes Majestic. I don't think there is any way to shorten the delay. Any thoughts on what to do with these (they come in packs of two.) I guess you could dump the ejection charge and use as a plugged motor.

Thoughts
It’s the perfect cluster motor delay for the Enerjet 2650 / Rocketarium Trident.

Any thoughts on what to do with these (they come in packs of two.) I guess you could dump the ejection charge and use as a plugged motor.

Box em up and send them to me

Back