• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Emmanuel Avionics, Inc. IA-X96 Integrating Accelerometer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
It's time to sell this thing.

I have one complete Emmanuel (sometimes referred to as Cambridge) IA-X96 for sale. Complete means I have the instruction manual, the altimeter, erasure plug, serial cable, and a complete wiring harness. I ran the unit through the "quick start" and it appears to be operating appropriately, but I cannot confirm that it is flightworthy. The green status LED behaves per the manual.

As a bit of education for people, this used to be the altimeter. It's a four channel accelerometer based unit that performs air starts, staging, and dual deployment. It provides flight data for download onto your DOS based computer. Yes, DOS...the instructions are dated July 8, 1997! Never fear, the program is able to be run on a modern computer using a command prompt and the software is downloadable from www.rocketryfiles.com (GREAT site!).

I'm interested in selling this to someone that understands what it is and wants to tinker with it. The altimeter is not modern and probably not plug and play. The included wiring harness is kind of complex, with shunts and arming plugs that have LED's built in. The instructions have an outstanding harness diagram that shows what every circuit is and what it does.

PM me with offers. I have an idea in my head of what it's "worth," however I am interested to learn what the market is for this type of collector's item. Shoot me an offer via PM and we'll discuss. As always, message with questions. If I don't get any interest (which I accept as a real possibility), I'll contemplate putting it on eBay.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg

Seeing as I am impatient and probably scared people away by not listing a price, I listed this on eBay. Any offers made here will be considered and the auction can be pulled. I may even entertain trades, let me know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151932501296?

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
No Dan, you scared me away when you said DOS.

(But good price on the listing.)

No Dan, you scared me away when you said DOS.

(But good price on the listing.)

Hah it's certainly more of a project than what is currently available. The DOS program does work, amazingly, and you can program the thing on a Win7 or WinXP computer. This thing was ahead of its time.

It's certainly a blast from the past. Understanding that there doesn't appear to be much of a collectors market for electronics, we'll see what happens.

Interest yes, but the price is not in range I would pay. Good luck with the sale.

Interest yes, but the price is not in range I would pay. Good luck with the sale.

Feel free to make me an offer. As I stated, I could be missing the mark and that is why I had apprehension to list a price. I'd possibly consider a trade for other classic electronics or anything else nostalgic.

$70 shipped.

I'd love to see someone put this to use. It'll take work, but if you're into gadgets give it a try.

Back