Ellis Mountain L330

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsynoski

Reaction score
Does any one know where I can a thrust curve and/or an engine file for the Ellis Mountain L330 54mm? I found a curve for a 75mm L330, but not the 54mm.

Can this motor be flown at a Tripoli EX launch?

Seeing as it's a certified motor, no you cannot fly it at a tripoli ex launch. I don't know about any sim data

That is a great motor, my dad and I were actually thinking about using one in freedom won after seeing one at XPRS, but then decided to stick with the L730 (L330 has a MUCH lower thrust curve and the L730 is cheaper and is very similar in launch apperance, except that it has half the burn time. From what I have heard the L330 is a very reliable motor in the EM line. Also saw an M1000, much different propellant, much more similar to white lightning.

I know about thrustcurve, but they don't have sim data or a thrust curve for the ellis 54mm su L330 (they have the 76mm reload)

contact EM directly. He is helpful... or if you have rocksim check out the motor file...

Actually I didn't think it was certified, but double checking the list I see that it is. That makes life easer.

Originally posted by cjl
Seeing as it's a certified motor, no you cannot fly it at a tripoli ex launch. I don't know about any sim data

Check with Bob Ellis, as was said earlier he is pretty good about returning e-mails.

[email protected]

I inquired about the motor earlier in the year and Bob was very kind. I apologize, I have lost the info he sent me. Tim Lehr/Wildman told me AT was going to have the K-250 SU back in production very soon. These 2 motors are very similar and the track record for the K-250 is well known.

Nobody seems to have thrustcuve data but general info is on the TRA homepage.

Originally posted by rsynoski
Actually I didn't think it was certified, but double checking the list I see that it is. That makes life easer.

If it's a commercial motor, you can't fly it at an EX launch, unless the manufacturer is involved in the flight, and you didn't buy it.

-Kevin

At Ex launchs you can acually fly up to certified G motors but any high power motors have to be EX or if your flying a cluster at least one of the motors has to be EX.

Originally posted by Rocket Guy 1317
At Ex launchs you can acually fly up to certified G motors but any high power motors have to be EX or if your flying a cluster at least one of the motors has to be EX.

Can you tell us where in this document it says that commercial motors up through G are allowed?

-Kevin

I dont see it, but then again maybe at the launches he is at they allow it, I dont know about here as I have never been to an ex launch as of yet.

I have seen a couple of C motors fly at EX day but nothing larger.

Originally posted by jraice
I have seen a couple of C motors fly at EX day but nothing larger.

Just because it has happened before and will probably happen again doesn't make it right.

I asked for the same info earlier this year - I still have not found the thrustcurve/WRASP data file for the 54MM L330 motor.
I emailed Ellis and got no return reply.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15782

Since my last post in April - the Tripoli web site has been fixed so that the link for the 76mm is correct - but there is still no file/data for the 54mm. EMRR does not have it. Thrustcurve does not have. Ellis would not respond to my request.
The best way I find to deal with a situation like this is to not support the vendor with my dollars. I would still like to use one of those motors - but I feel other vendors have done more to earn my business.
Good luck with your search - if you do get the file - please let me know.
Thanks

Back