The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott C

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just making a post so those who don't have FB can find this design.
This has definitely taken me a while to get to the point where I'm happy with it and it suites my needs. This is about as small as you can make it unless you only want a couple hours of battery life.

Available to those who would like to print a case...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5806057

Attachments

• Back no Batt.jpg
    Back no Batt.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Back with Batt.jpg
    Back with Batt.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Top USB-C shown.jpg
    Top USB-C shown.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3
Besides adding the Voice Module, you might want to orient the LCD-GPS module so that it's facing the same way as the display, or possibly at an angle. Most people hold the display more or less horizontally, so your current orientation would have half of the antenna looking at the ground.

I like the way that you're using the 18650 Li batteries... they're easy to find and relatively cheap.

Besides adding the Voice Module, you might want to orient the LCD-GPS module so that it's facing the same way as the display, or possibly at an angle. Most people hold the display more or less horizontally, so your current orientation would have half of the antenna looking at the ground.

I like the way that you're using the 18650 Li batteries... they're easy to find and relatively cheap.
I usually hold mine at 45° when i go out to get a rocket. But most of the time it sits vertically untill I get the final gps location. It has already paid for itself when one of the rockets landed in the middle of a fully grown cornfield and it absolutely nailed the GPS location.

18650s are the way to go for capacity per $.

It is very nice regardless. Thanks for the hard work and for sharing it.

Back