Dual Deploy V2 Open Rocket or Rocksim file Please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary7

Reaction score
I am considering a Loc 5.5 inch V2 with a couple of modifications.
1: 54 mm motor tube
2: dual deploy

I always try to work out the build details in Rocksim prior to ordering/building. Rocksim V2 files are readily available but none with dual deploy set up that I can find.
Anyone with an Open Rocket or Rocksim file for this size V2 with dual deploy set up they can share will very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Setting up dual deploy in OR is simple. On the design tab double click the Main chute to open its properties.
Near bottom right is the "deploys at:" drop down. Select "Specific altitude during descent" then the "Altitude:" you wish main the deploy.
Same for Drogue chute but select either "Apogee" or "First ejection charge of this stage" depending on whether you want to Sim Altimeter 'nose over' or 'motor eject' deployment.

I don't use Rocsim but it has similar features to setup DD.

Setting up dual deploy in OR is simple. On the design tab double click the Main chute to open its properties.
Near bottom right is the "deploys at:" drop down. Select "Specific altitude during descent" then the "Altitude:" you wish main the deploy.
Same for Drogue chute but select either "Apogee" or "First ejection charge of this stage" depending on whether you want to Sim Altimeter 'nose over' or 'motor eject' deployment.

I don't use Rocsim but it has similar features to setup DD.
I was thinking more along the line of your Rocksim or OR diagram showing all the components of your rocket with their position/relation to each other and where your recovery bay etc are. Seeing it that way certainly would help me.

Back