• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Dozen AG 1B flashbulbs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi if you don’t mind mailing them (happy to pay postage), I collect flash bulbs. Yeah I know, bizarre, but I do. The old 100 watt light bulb sized ones are AWESOME!

No wish to hijack this thread, but I have a gallon ziplock bag full of flashbulbs. Not the fancy AG1-B but ones removed from flashcubes. Tell me how many youse wants and gimme a few bucks for shipping i'll get some out to you. I actually counted them once and there were over 1200.

No worries Jim. I'm just trying to find a home before I give up and toss them out. Q38 said they wanted them, but has not PM an address to me. So I'm still looking for a taker.

RELIABLE CLUSTER IGNITION USING FLASHBULBS

"Developed by John Langford in 1971..." :)
John may well have been the first person to use the combo of AG-1 flashbulbs and Centuri Sure-Shot wick to ignite clusters but a guy by the name of Lynn Miller was the first person that I am aware of that used the combo for upper-stage ignition back in 1969 or early 1970. Perhaps John Langford got the idea for use of the combo for cluster ignition from his article in the March 1970 issue of Model Rocketry magazine, titled, "Build the Super-Titan". John says in his article that he first achieved success in April 1971 in his article, "Flashbulb Cluster Ignition", in the May 1974 issue of Model Rocketeer magazine. On the other hand, maybe he just thought of it by himself. Just a little historical context.

Back