Down scale - Teeny Triskelion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Any interest?

I was futzing around with some spare parts (scrap parts is more like it LOL) and decided to see how the Triskelion would look in T3 size for micro max motors.

It came out pretty good. I hope to have it ready for this weekends CMASS launch.

Here's a pix of me holding it:

Jim,

Cute!

Now why is it you and I are so busy...but we still have time to play with stuff like this?:rolleyes:

COOL :cool:

I like the name put on the side like that.

Reminds me of this:

(recognize the picture?? You should, you took it.) ;)

And I expect to see it this Saturday.

Originally posted by sandman
Jim,

Cute!

Now why is it you and I are so busy...but we still have time to play with stuff like this?:rolleyes:

hey! cuz we have our priorities straight! :)

Originally posted by BobH48
COOL :cool:

I like the name put on the side like that.

Reminds me of this:

(recognize the picture?? You should, you took it.) ;)

And I expect to see it this Saturday.

Yep, where do you think I got the idea?? :)

Yep, i will have this on Saturday. Still working out a solution for the launch lug :)

Originally posted by jflis
Yep, i will have this on Saturday. Still working out a solution for the launch lug :)

One thing that works for my micro models is ball point pen ink tubes. I keep old pens around that are pretty used up, the upper portion of the tube no longer has ink in it so I just cut off the length that I need. Works great as a launch lug. Just a thought...

A couple of queestions guys,
1.) how do you see that thing when it launches?
2.) How do find it afterwards?
just questions not disrespect.
Cheers
fred

Originally posted by jflis
Yep, where do you think I got the idea?? :)

I'm going to bring my Micro launch rod with me if you need to use it. It just clips onto a regular launch rod. I roll a piece of paper a couple of wraps around a round toothpick for the launch lug.

I created and printed wraps for it. For the edges of the fins I used a matching color sharpie pen :)

In this scale the motor is a much larger percentage of the models weight so I am concerned about the location of the CG and will add nose weight.

A neat idea someone mentioned was using a small nail (braid) to anchor the shock line into the nose cone. It holds the line while providing some much needed nose weight :)

I am also looking into using old pens for launch lugs, but i like the idea of rolling paper around a tooth pick. I will try that tonight.

more as it becomes available!

jim

Originally posted by fred22
A couple of questions guys,
1.) how do you see that thing when it launches?
2.) How do find it afterwards?
just questions not disrespect.
Cheers
fred
Fred,

Even at these sizes we're only talking about 100' or less on Micro-Maxx motors. I usually can follow most of mine except for a couple real small ones. I usually put in a small streamer to make it easier to find, they're not really needed for recovery devices.

We don't need no stinkin launch lug.

Why not just throw together a tower? Block of wood, 3 holes, a little wire, badda bing bodda boom. :D

I've used rolled card stock and it works great, but lugs on micros stick out like a sore thumb, so I've switched to a tower for any new models I build. Actually what made me build the tower was the micro triple threat saucers. I didn't want to make and attach 3 lugs, so I built the tower.

Tim

Back