Donating or giving away rocket materials...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewomack

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not planning on launching any more LPR rockets, so that leaves me with some unused materials and 2 unfinished kits. The materials are an Estes launcher and some tubes, along with a Magician kit missing a nose cone (otherwise complete) and an ASP WAC Corporal (with Tiny Tim Booster) kit that has only a few of the very small balsa dowels cut to size. I would rather these materials go to someone who will use them rather than have them sit in my closet or, worse, get inadvertently disposed.

Any takers (if so, I can post photos)? Or would a local club be a better place to offload these things?

If your local club can put the items to good use, that would be the better choice. If they don't do that much outreach work, an individual in the group may be the next target. Going outside your local area would be more hassle/expense than it would be worth.

CMASS get contacted about all manner of donations ranging from a few previously built kits in so-so condition to dozens of BP motors that have been well stored. Some of the items become loaners we can let someone with a kid use who has stopped by to watch us, unopened kits of a low skill level can be giveaways to similar people. When we get some more exotic kits/parts/builds, we have had auctions to raise money for our Bill Spadafora Memorial Fund.

Any clue as to where you are?

Thanks for the replies so far, I did get some interest in these materials here, but I haven't quite yet decided which direction to go in. I agree that shipping them could turn into an expensive pain, but if that's the only way to go, so be it.

As for abandoning LPR, well, kind of. I have limited space and time so I really need to focus. I've decided that I would like to focus on HPR for the time being. I might go back someday, I don't know. Most of my long-term interests seem to align with HPR right now.

Don't be in a hurry to dump your stuff. Is there anything that would suffer from being in storage for a bit? You could probably store it all in one of those plastic "buckets" designed for storing wrapping paper. Or, failing that, a tall kitchen trash can (with a liner).

Back