DMS 98mm dimensions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer714

Reaction score
What are the dimensions for the thrust ring on the 98mm DMS motors? I have found for smaller motors the DMS thrust rings are larger diameter and longer than the rings on re-usable end closures.

Mike K

i have seen the drawings on the RCS store them but they don't give the dimensions O.D. and length.

Mike K

I used a pixel counting tool to measure the thrust ring on the RCS drawing. It rounds things off a bit, but it should give a decent idea of the thrust ring dimensions. Looking at the size specified on the RMS drawing, if anything the DMS thrust ring is a bit smaller.Screenshot 2022-10-20 124326_measure00.png

hmm, I dont think I trust scaling the assembly drawings for thrust ring dimensions. The 29 and 38 mm DMS 3d printed thrust rings are longer / larger than the RMS ones but it doesn't look like it in the assembly drawings. Neutron, I do thank you for trying to get the dimensions.

Anyone have one ofthese to take a measurement from? Or someone from Aerotech want to weigh in?

Mike K

Thanks Tony,
These are the same as the RMS, did you measure it or is there a document that shows the DMS thrust ring (as opposed to the RMS) dimensions? This is the problem I'm trying to avoid, on the smaller motors the 3d printed thrust rings are a little bigger than the machined aluminum ones on the RMS.
Mike K

Thanks Tony,
These are the same as the RMS, did you measure it or is there a document that shows the DMS thrust ring (as opposed to the RMS) dimensions? This is the problem I'm trying to avoid, on the smaller motors the 3d printed thrust rings are a little bigger than the machined aluminum ones on the RMS.
Mike K
I measured it.

Tony

Back