• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Dimensions: Estes Thunderbolt (1429) Decals.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a good scan of the decals, courtesy of this thread: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/need-info-estes-thunderbolt-1429.111496/#post-1280316

However, there's no ruler, or indication of scale for the decals. The fins are the same as the Estes Vigilante (1278) (which included a scale for measurement) and the Thunderbolt (1429) (I don't trust drawings, I've found them to often be just plain wrong). So, I don't need those. If I could get the length of the top of the first "T" in "Thunderbolt" it would be enough to finish that sim.

From my research I've confirmed that the three kits (Vigilante, Thunderbolt, and Comet) are very closely related (almost the same kit), with the differences being decals/paint scheme, one (with engine hook) or two stages (without engine hook), and the nosecone (PNC-55AO or PNC-55AC) used.

I could also use the dimensions of the Comet's decals (point to point on the largest stars) would be enough to finish that sim.

I found a practically unused 1429 kit. The decal is on a 6" by 2" backing. Attaching photos with measurements.

Attachments

• IMG_3055.JPG
    IMG_3055.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3056.JPG
    IMG_3056.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 3
Back