Did someone say upscale Lance Beta??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David, that is totally awesome. For your Level 3??? How about some specifics on that bad boy.

David, I went to your website and cheked out the details. What craftsmanship. Great job. I write this as one tacked fin is setting...

Done for the day. Fins tacked and the forward centering ring fillet is curing.

Here is another boring picture along with the finished thrust plate. I will epoxy on the aft centering ring and plate at the very end.

Should get two sets of injected fillets done tomorrow.

IMG_7718.jpg

IMG_7719.jpg

I'm glad to have inspired this build. Any chance you'll be flying this at LDRS this year?

You can bet I will.

Just ordered the vinyl from Mark at Stickershock. All of the internal fillets should be done this weekend in between family obligations. I hope to have some pics up on Sunday. The thing is a beast for sure.

Then external fillets and priming!!!!!

Here are pics of the first fit. I have my 5'10" daughter in here for perspective. Right now without the thrust plate, finish work or laundry it weighs about 44lbs.

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7726.jpg

You can bet I will.

Just ordered the vinyl from Mark at Stickershock. All of the internal fillets should be done this weekend in between family obligations. I hope to have some pics up on Sunday. The thing is a beast for sure.

Then external fillets and priming!!!!!

Package on the way to you G ... :D

Yahoo! Sounds ambitious...I still have my original NCR from years ago, ready to launch!

Lance Beta 006.jpg

Dseter - great job. Still wish I had my original.

Here are pics of the vinyl from Sitckershock, (for reference, they cover the entire 66" long coffee table they are on.)

Thanks Mark - great job as usual.

Slow week with not much activity. Busy work week. Hope to have the fillets done this weekend.

IMG_7729.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg

Dseter - great job. Still wish I had my original.

Here are pics of the vinyl from Sitckershock, (for reference, they cover the entire 66" long coffee table they are on.)

Thanks Mark - great job as usual.

Slow week with not much activity. Busy work week. Hope to have the fillets done this weekend.

Geez "G" you have had them for what 2 or 3 hours and they are not on yet.... what are you waiting for??? :D

Another busy work week. My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed today so some free time at home while she rests. I started the extermal fillets this afternoon. I hope to keep moving every couple of hours and getting another set done. With any luck, I should have these done this weekend.

Looks like the end of next week might be warm enough to get some primer on!!!

Not certain what the final weight will be. Just got off the phone with Wildman and placed an order for the:

M2045
M2150
N1800
N2600

I'm not certain what I will be flying it on at RG so I figured I'd give myself a few choices. I still want to fly an N3180....

5 weeks from tomorrow is RG!!!

Last edited:
It's a great day today and I'm back in business. The thrust plate from SC Precision came in alone with a set of The Blastcap Rocketry charge canisters.

This is the first run of the 8" diameter thrust plate to fit the Performance Rocketry 8" G12 ariframe. It looks fantastic.

Now I can get on with the build!!!!!!

where did you get that nice retainer ?

We had a warm day yesterday so I go some primer on!!!!!

I'll probably have to wait until Saturday to get another on. Then it's a college road trip with my son for a few days.

Keep moving forward. Once I get it all primed, get a final weight and CG and add any necessary nose weight.

RG, Here we come!!!!!

IMG_7788.jpg

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7792.jpg

Wow, could scare the neighbors with that paint set up!

Interestingly, it was the neighbor's dog that noticed it. "Nemo" is a retired Coast Guard working golden retreiver. When he saw the rocket in the back yard, he barked up a storm.

Interestingly, it was the neighbor's dog that noticed it. "Nemo" is a retired Coast Guard working golden retreiver. When he saw the rocket in the back yard, he barked up a storm.

At least he didn't pee on it. :eyepop:

I'll spare you all more boring pictures of big, white rocket parts. Suffice it to say, the rocket is primed. The weather is going to get into the 70s later this week, so with a little luck, I'll get the first coat on. Getting pumped for RG XII!!!!

Well, not that it looks much different than the primed pics, but the final coat has been applied. I'll hopefully get the vinyl on this weekend and get final pics posted. I am leaning towads, the CTI N2600 for RG. I am not a huge fan of skids, but thought this would look awesome against the white rocket.

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7810.jpg

I was only going to post finished pics with the vinyl on. But it just looked too freakin awesome not to take at least a pic. Mark, great job on the vinyl!!!!!

IMG_7814.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. You got that right Gman.

Here is a pic of the final vinyl application. I worked on it inside and can't fit the nose cone on with the ceilings. The final centering ring and thrust plate are expoxied on and curing.

I'll go for the full weigh in, CG and "money shot" tomorrow.

Three weeks and it will be in the air.

IMG_7816.jpg

Latest posts

Back