DD LOC Forte

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased a LOC Forte and I want to use DD with it. This will be my first DD and I might consider using this rocket for my L2, but probably won't? I figure this would be a good rocket to learn about DD.

On LOC's site they offer two electronics bay options for the a 3" airframe.

https://locprecision.com/collection...s-bays-dual-deployment?variant=39778637447359

They offer I guess a "Standard" and a "Light" (sp) what exactly is the difference between the two? Is it a weight difference as in "Lite not Light"??

Is there a prefernce? If you were to choose, which would you decide on purchasing?

Thank you

I purchased a LOC Forte and I want to use DD with it. This will be my first DD and I might consider using this rocket for my L2, but probably won't? I figure this would be a good rocket to learn about DD.

On LOC's site they offer two electronics bay options for the a 3" airframe.

https://locprecision.com/collection...s-bays-dual-deployment?variant=39778637447359

They offer I guess a "Standard" and a "Light" (sp) what exactly is the difference between the two? Is it a weight difference as in "Lite not Light"??

Is there a prefernce? If you were to choose, which would you decide on purchasing?

Thank you

See the side bar on the link you posted:

• Electronics Bay 3.00" (75mm): 3.00″ x 8″ Long Electronics Bay. Uses 1/4″x20 hardware, stiffy coupler. Weighs 14oz.
  • Light Electronics Bay 3.00" (75mm): 3.00″ Diameter light electronics bay. Weighs 6oz. Uses a 6″coupler, 3mm wood, #10 hardware and no “stiffy” coupler to save weight for class 1 flyers.

See the side bar on the link you posted:

• Electronics Bay 3.00" (75mm): 3.00″ x 8″ Long Electronics Bay. Uses 1/4″x20 hardware, stiffy coupler. Weighs 14oz.
  • Light Electronics Bay 3.00" (75mm): 3.00″ Diameter light electronics bay. Weighs 6oz. Uses a 6″coupler, 3mm wood, #10 hardware and no “stiffy” coupler to save weight for class 1 flyers.
Thanks Art :)

Back