D power heli rcovery?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave

Reaction score
I am looking for plans to build a D (or higher powered) helicopter rocket. I know they exist but I have not been able to find them. Can somebody help? Thanks in advance.

Are you building this for contest or fun flying ? Basically a contest version is scaling up the standard 18mm rota-roc to 24 mm. I do not know of a 24mm plan anywhere. You might just order a kit directly from Ken Brown of QCR

try scaling up one of the plans on the NAR Web site, here.

I have scaled up Rotaroc for Estes BP D's, just increased the size to fit 24mm BT, but you could just print them in 18mm and scale up at a Kinko's if you want a fullsize plan.

My 13mm version flies great, the 24mm is just waiting for a suitable day.

You can always buy a D helicopter kit from QCR. or get the plans from NARTS. D rotaroc aren't the much different then building a 13 or 18mm model.
By the way, Once you've built one you'll have the Plan for all the others. almost all of my HD models were built for the Contest plans packet from NARTs about $5.00 or so. the packet has all kinds of Helo's, gliders streamer, PD and egg lofters. Well worth the couple bucks.

Back