Custom Aztec

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maelstrom

Reaction score
I bought the Aztec because it was a simple multi-stage kit. But at the last moment I decided I didn't want the recommended paint and decals. This is what I have so far. It might be done if I can't think of some kind of emblem for the main and booster fins opposite the launch lug.

Nice paint job! I like the gold flame touch you gave it. I've never read anything about ANY Custom rockets. Please fill us in on the post-flight results.

Dang sweet paint job man! That gold came out perfect...is that Testors?

Well done, definitely we want a launch report.

Carl

Thanks guys. Actually it's Krylon spray paint. I thought about using a brush but didn't trust myself so I masked it by making a curvy cut in some tape for the flames and just straight masking for the fins.

Originally posted by eugenefl
I've never read anything about ANY Custom rockets.
Sure you have Eugene! You've seen my upscale Custom Razor! :p

Okay, it's all done except that I might throw some clear coating on it..

PLEASE, PLEASE! don't use clear coat paint!

I'd hate to see that paint job get ruined! It's beautiful.

Use Future Floor Finish...It won't make the gold turn blotchy like clear paint!

sandman

Wow, I hadn't heard anything about that, thanks for the warning.
I was just wanting something to protect it.

What would the correct application of Future Floor Finish be?

Future is great stuff.

Put it on with a brush or a cloth. One or two thin coat wiped on should be plenty.

It'll really shine it up and a bottle will last a lifetime.

I use a brush and lightly go over it with a paper towel to get any drips...the stuff is kinda thin and runny.

sandman

Sandman, thanks for the tip on the Future Floor Finish, it works great. How many coats do you normally apply?

It was kind of windy this past Saturday when I had opportunity to lauch so I only put an A8-3 in it with no booster angled into the wind. Nice flight, came down not far from the launch site, luckily this one come with a streamer. I will probably replace the streamer with a longer mylar/metalic streamer before I try any boosted flights, but I'm suure that won't be until spring.

Same day we launched me nephew's Venture on a C6-5, it went ridiculously high and drifted away(lost). If we rebuild that one I'll probably put a hole in the chute.

Glad to hear ya had a nice flight...Sorry about your nephews rocket but that's what big engines in little rockets will do.

One or two coats of Future is more than enough to protect the finish.

sandman

Back