Creative thinking meets Richter Recker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalligood

Reaction score
Cliff has a couple of brothers that fly regularly at Spaceport Rocketry Association monthly launches & he decided that he would finally build & launch a rocket. He started out big. Real big. Not necessarily high power but no one will ever call a Richter Recker small! He did a bang up job (as his brothers & I lent him a hand advice-wise)...

What I really liked about his RR was the paint scheme. All I've got to say is *THAT* is a writing device! Forget about that pretty lame (or at least very tame) Estes Skywriter.

Here is a pic of Cliff carrying it out to the pad...

With a pair of small nylon chutes, it returns safely in 2 pieces. They landed within 10 yards of each other! Cliff was pumped!!!

BTW, Jim...if you are interested, I can send you MUCH higher resolution versions of these pics. PM or email me if interested ;)

Very nice!

I've not built a RR as of yet, somewhere down the road when I'm done with scale projects I'll take on this big bird. 8)

Cheers and ty for posting the pics,

Originally posted by lalligood
All 3 motors light & the rocket starts up the rod...
I love it! The Estes Pencil waiting in the wings is classic!

What motors did he burn?

Originally posted by brianc
I love it! The Estes Pencil waiting in the wings is classic!

What motors did he burn?

A trio of Estes E9-6s. I love the slow, long burn of those motors!

Very nice:) I recently launched mine on three E9s and it was awesome. I've also flown it on three D12s and a single F24. Really cool rocket:D

Larry

Looks great. I love the LOOOONG rockets. I have a mean machine and a mirage, sometime I need a RR to complete the collection. Nice launch pics. That paint job is great.

Originally posted by lalligood
With a pair of small nylon chutes, it returns safely in 2 pieces. They landed within 10 yards of each other! Cliff was pumped!!!

BTW, Jim...if you are interested, I can send you MUCH higher resolution versions of these pics. PM or email me if interested ;)

Cliff was pumped?? heck, *I'm* pumped! LOL Great pain job and beautiful flight! I love it. Actually, the resolution of these images is sufficient. I would love to post them on our site for the RR photo album (if I ever find the time to upload all the great pix i've received! LOL)

jim

Latest posts

Back