3D Printing Creality CR-10S Pro

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I am on weekend #1. Keep in mind when I write this review that I am comparing it to my first printer: the Prusa MK3 I3.

I actually got a printer a week ago and it failed to read the SD card. Amazon replaced the printer in 4 days. This one works perfectly and reads from the SD card. Turns out that the first on was fine but had a faulty SD Card.

The auto leveling is a little quirky. I prefer the manual on the Ender 3, but really dig the huge print bed. The first leveling took me about 2 hours. Set up including Octoprint took less than 4 hours. One level, printing has been perfect with auto leveling. I have to auto level before each print and especially if I change print surfaces.

The print bed has perfect adhesive qualities whether I use a glass bed or the buildtak knock off sheets from Creality.

One thing I need to do with both the ender and CR-10S Pro is to update their firmware which will not be as easy as the Prusa. The octoprint warns about runaway print temps and suggests an update to the firmware.

Good looking test print. Funny that for a regular printer most of us would never consider buying more than one but 3D printers are very different. I can see how it would be nice to have one setup for a particular filament and not have to mess with it.

Tony.

I would not trade Prusa for any other printer but this thing has huge build volume at 11.8 x 11.8 x 11.8.

Back