Cosmodrome Vostok

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cosmodrome has all the instructions on their website.

It lists the steps, but doesn't give any of the templates. Also, you'll need to know all the dimensions of the parts as the parts list has the item, but not the size.

-Aaron

EDIT: looked again and the sizes are listed.....so that makes it easier.

not in the budget!? aren't you selling enough of those rockets Layne?? how about if I buy a couple kits from you? then you could afford the kit:D:D

actually I am not sure Cosmodrome has ANY kits available right now

Originally posted by stevem
not in the budget!? aren't you selling enough of those rockets Layne?? how about if I buy a couple kits from you? then you could afford the kit:D:D

actually I am not sure Cosmodrome has ANY kits available right now

That will work!
How many you want?
Three of each?
Give me your address, phone number, checkbook, first born, a pint of blood and a lemur.
:D

LOL! well I have been droolin over yer Bucky Jones for awhile -

gotta save some pennies tho before I jump on another kit. I do want to stay married:D :D

I promise the next kit I buy will be one of yours Layne!!

hmmm...now where did I put those lemurs?...

almost finished - I have some detailing yet to do but here is the
Cosmodrome Vostok Launch Vehicle done up as Intercosmos 22 Bulgaria 1300.

To WillMarchant - Will, thanks for your help (you know what I'm talkin' 'bout;) !)

To stymye - Thanks for the great decals Andy!!
They were absolutely perfect!! Nice job and much gratitude Andy!

almost finished - I have some detailing yet to do but here is the
Cosmodrome Vostok Launch Vehicle done up as Intercosmos 22 Bulgaria 1300.

To WillMarchant - Will, thanks for your help (you know what I'm talkin' 'bout;) !)

They were absolutely perfect!! Nice job and much gratitude Andy!

Looks very nice! Are you going to add any dummy engine nozzles
to enhance the scale effect?

Great Steve! Make sure you pack it up securely so it does not get damaged when you send it to me...

-Thanks

Scott, if you have a couple lemurs on hand I may consider a trade:D

Great job on that Steve !
I'm glad they worked out , and was sort of eager to see a finished version of the model ..
I knew you would do a good job on it !

heh...I guess you know what pics we would like to see next !..... :D

>small ad<
If anyone else needs some one-off type decals like this give me a shout I may be able to help out. I'm not ready to start a business quite yet so I'm charging very little -If anything.
Just trying to get a little presence and feedback started.

So Thanks Steve.

I can't beleive I left this out -

To wilsotr - Tim, thanks so much - without your offer I would never have had a chance to build this rocket!!

sorry if this sounds like a sppech at the Oscars but this rocket was something I'd wanted to do for a long time and without the generous help of these 3 guys, wilsotr, willmarchant and stymye, I would not have had anywhere near the results I had hoped for.

Great community here on TRF- thanks guys!!:)

dwmzmm - I am going to do some detailing to the upper part of the rocket. Details for the aft will be sparse because I need to keep the weght off back there.

I would like to make some type of display nozzle assembly for the boosters. If you have ever looked at the aft end of a Vostok it is really cool. Check this...

I saw on the Internet somewhere, sometime back, a model that had some incredible detail to the aft end of the Vostok. Just can't recall where I saw it.

Stones or Sandman - what scale was that rocket?

can you give some idea of the diameter and lenth of the large nozzles?

Bringing back a dead thread....

I'm to the point where I'm attaching the conduit to the boosters and booster cones. If I'm following the directions correctly, it appears the conduits are attached near the inside of the boosters almost so that they can't be seen. This seems somewhat odd to me. Am I correct or do I have them in the wrong place. It looks to be about 15 degrees from the seam line.

-Aaron

I did not use the booster conduits (trying to lighten up the rear end as much as possiuble) and because they are basically hidden. a scale purist would certainly want to add them but I am by no means a scale purist.

Steve

I'm sorry but it took me a few months to find your question.

Mine was 1/64th scale.

I did not use the booster conduits (trying to lighten up the rear end as much as possiuble) and because they are basically hidden. a scale purist would certainly want to add them but I am by no means a scale purist.

Steve

So, the location is correct then? I might shift it a little more to the side so it can be seen. I'm not a scale purist at all. :)

-Aaron

thanks sandman - better late than never!!:D

Aaron - I am pretty sure the kit instructions have it right.

Let me check my instructions against the RoW book I have and see if I can tell for sure

the booster conduit is 155 degrees from the centerline of the fin. I believe this would confirm that the position indicated in the Cosmodrome instructions is correct since the the seam of the booster shroud should be nearly 180 degrees from the fin.

Hope that makes sense.

Steve

can you give some idea of the diameter and lenth of the large nozzles?
Wow...sorry Steve. I usually get an email when a subscribed thread is hit but, didn't happen . I take it Gordon answered your question?

no problem Stones - It seems like the emails regarding thread postings are very very hit and miss lately.

Back