• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Composite Dynamics 24mm motor collection - CANCELLED

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikeRam

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who reviewed this listing. No bids means I will dispose of these legally at some remote safe site.

Up for sale is a collection of twenty-five assorted CD 24mm motors all purchased in approx. 1983. These were all purchased directly from CD in Torrance California. The sale includes the following:

24mm Motors

E20-7 6 each loose motors

E20-10 2 each loose motors

E50-8 3 each loose motors; pre-production very rare

F45-8 2 each loose motors

F45-12 2 each loose motors

F40-10 5 each loose motors

F40-15 5 each loose motors

Several motors do not include ignitors or instruction sheets. See the photographs.

During my ownership they have all been stored in an extremely dry southwest US location. Before that I cannot account for their storage & handling at CD.

The seller is aware of CD's reputation for reliability issues. No further discussion is necessary. But if you are are interested in obtaining a good quantity of older 24mm composite motors for a low price, here is your chance.

Note that 3 each E50 motors are included. These were never put into production according to a discussion I had with J. Davis when they were purchased. This fact makes them extremely rare.

How this sale will work - -

PLEASE READ THIS => First and last rule: You must pay for and pick up this collection in the Los Angeles, California area before 27 November 2013. The seller cannot and will not ship these.

1. You will submit your highest offer to me for everything listed via a PM on this site. You must include your name and email address. Bidding will start at $100.00 for the whole collection.

2. I will receive and tally personal message bids on this site up until the close of Sunday night 17 November 2013,11:59 PM PST. Any bid message received starting 12:00 AM Monday 18 November 2013 or after will be ignored.

3. The highest dollar value bid I receive will be the winner. In essence this is a sealed bid silent auction ending 17 Nov 2013; without the auction site rules. I will contact the winner by email and notify him/her they have won.

4. MOST IMPORTANT - - You must pay for and pick up this collection in the Los Angeles, California area before 27 November 2013. The seller cannot and will not ship these.

Obviously the seller makes no guarantees regarding their performance in the future. These are all old motors and this fact should be understood fully.

Here are a few photos of the collection. If there appears to be sufficient action, I will post the on-going current high bid without the bidder's name.

Any questions, send me a PM soon. Thanks for your interest.

DSC_0025 modd 60 - Copy.jpgDSC_0027 modd 60 - Copy.jpg

Thanks to everyone who reviewed this listing. No bids means I will dispose of these legally at some remote safe site.

Last edited:
what is the reputation of CD's? I went on the internet looking and could not find anything. Could you please explain or lead me where I can find the info to learn about CD motors
thank you
Kurt

Great stuff - too bad you won't ship them, what a great blast from the past.

what is the reputation of CD's? I went on the internet looking and could not find anything. Could you please explain or lead me where I can find the info to learn about CD motors
thank you
Kurt

I enjoyed their 1980 vintage motors. I flew about ten of them in 1980-81 - never had a problem, still have six of them. But I've heard they haven't aged well. I don't currently plan on firing any of my stash.

I kinda remember that they had different nozzles when they first came out and then switched to "plaster" or something a year or two later. Meanwhile, Crown/SSRS introduced their bad assed motors with graphite(?) nozzles.

Latest posts

Back