• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Complete Kosdon 38-390 Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
All,

I am looking to replace a lost 38-390 Kosdon motor. I flew my last I300F reload 2 weekends ago and have not been able to find the rocket. Seeing as I have several EX motors on hand for this casing, I'd love to replace it.

Looking for a complete motor. I'd prefer to trade if possible, but let me know what you'd like to get for your case.

Thanks for looking!

Is that the 510ns case or the 640ns case, I have both, with thrust rings installed. I also have the graphite nozzles, o-rings, retention rings, etc. would need to go over the mess to make sure either is complete.

Is that the 510ns case or the 640ns case, I have both, with thrust rings installed. I also have the graphite nozzles, o-rings, retention rings, etc. would need to go over the mess to make sure either is complete.

It's the three grain 38-390. The 510 is a 4 grain and the 640 is a 5 grain. I have a complete 640 already, also with a thrust ring.

I may be interested in the complete 510 in lieu of the 390. PM me what you would like for it.

I thought I'd first post a picture of what I have so you can see if it is complete, not missing anything.

102_0047.jpg

I thought I'd first post a picture of what I have so you can see if it is complete, not missing anything.

Doesn't appear to be, but that thrust ring is WAY far up on that motor.

What's the total length of the case? I believe the 390 is 9.8" with a 0.281" nozzle.

The case is 12-1/4 inches long and is purported to be a 510ns case. I have (3) I310S-L reloads for it. By the way, is Frank Kosdon still around or has he passed on? If you ever met him, he's quite a character . . . not friendly (just businesslike) unless you're one of the inner circle, which I wasn't/aren't. He'd be at launches, selling out of the trunk of his vehicle, and that's where I got these reloads. The case I got from Ron Zeppin out of Arizona.

The 640ns case I have is 14-1/2 inches long, the thrust ring on it is lower, by half, than the 520ns case.

Last edited:
The case is 12-1/4 inches long and is purported to be a 510ns case. I have (3) I310S-L reloads for it. By the way, is Frank Kosdon still around or has he passed on? If you ever met him, he's quite a character . . . not friendly (just businesslike) unless you're one of the inner circle, which I wasn't/aren't. He'd be at launches, selling out of the trunk of his vehicle, and that's where I got these reloads. The case I got from Ron Zeppin out of Arizona.

Ahh, okay. Unfortunately the loads cannot be shipped, otherwise I'd be interested in the lot. I presume you'd want to move them together.

Latest posts

Back