Comfort Food

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.. That sounds VERY good! I'll have to look for it the next time we go!:D I bet the best part is the lamb.. Good stuff.

Well if you's are going the more complicated stuff here goes

Everything Bagel with Lox, tomato and onion

Pullled Pork sandwiches

Lobster roll, the roll must of course be buttered

Jambalaya----made with shrimp and sausage

Lasagna with sliced hot peppers

Maple syrup soaked breakfast sausages

Real Home Fries, cut into one inch cubes, with just a touch of black crispiness to them, cooked in an iron skillet

Scrambled egg cooked with home fries, onion, green pepper inside covered with pepper jack cheese

Blackened Cajun Aligator

Beer battered onion rings

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale

REAL double chocolate milk shake

Cherry-Lemon Italian water ice

I define "comfort food" as well, something your mother would make for you and you remember fondly...and enjoy eating.

So many people have "strange" comfort foods!

My sister-in-law's is sardine sandwiches.

My wifes is ...get this...sliced radish sandwiches.

My father loved fried eggplant sandwiches.

My favorite but way too high in colestoral is fried chicken gizzards, onions and scrambled eggs. my mother made that for me as a Saturday morning treat.

Now my favorite food is a turkey leg Bar-B-Qued.

Granted, some of these may require a note from your doctor! Next to rockets, cooking is a big passion of mine.

-Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms
-Mac and Cheese....home made.
-Shrimp Etouffe
-Sausage/Srimp Jambalya
-Ribs, Potato Salad, Coleslaw
-All meat chili, cornbread
-BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob (it's awesome right now)
-Chili Dogs, Hot Dogs with onions or kraut...mustard a must.
-Kielabasa on Rye...oh yea, with mustard and kraut
-Chicken soup, Beef veg Soup.
-Soft boiled eggs, toast and sausage all mixed in a cup.
-Catfish, hush puppies, greens, yams
-Ranchiladas, anything Mexican

ANYTHING Italian!
....now I'm thirsty.

man , you must be a good cook!those are some good eats!

although I'm thrown by the eggs, toast and sausage in a cup? heh

Originally posted by stymye
man , you must be a good cook!those are some good eats!

although I'm thrown by the eggs, toast and sausage in a cup? heh

Soft boiled eggs just have to be mixed in with some pieces of toast and a little sausage. Dunno what it is, it just really adds something.

Originally posted by Chuck Rudy
Soft boiled eggs just have to be mixed in with some pieces of toast and a little sausage. Dunno what it is, it just really adds something.

Exactly. My dad first fixed this for me when I was a wee lad. I watched him make it and I wasn't pretty shy with it at first.

2 soft boiled eggs (5 minutes exactly)
1 or 2 pieces of toast
2 sausage (cooked) links cut into 1/2 pieces

Just kind of flip everything around in bowl a bit and eat. Just enough to get the yolks familiar with everything...don't over mix!

You can even use crumbled bacon if sausage isn't avail.

Dad used to call it "Egg In A Cup"

Dad used to call it "Egg In A Cup"

Not to be confused with "Toad in a Hole"

Take a thick slice of Italian bread, butter both sides, tear out the center leaving a big hole.

Fry in a pan and drop an egg in the middle, cook "over medium" so the yoke is still soft, and top with parmesan cheese!

YUM!

My dad used to make the best scrambled egg-omelet sandwiches, with bacon and onions and diced potatoes.

Aiiieee, I can't even THINK about eating that stuff now! Maybe when I lose another 100 lbs (besides what I've dumped already) and get where I really want to be weight-wise, I'll treat myself to one of these breakfasts again...

Since it's close to breaskfast time still, I'll throw in a good ol' breakfast my mom used to make for us:

She called it "Gooey Toast." Poached eggs, still quite "soft" with runny yolks, on top of buttered white toast. Bacon is optional.

YUM!

My Mom used to make a variant of this. She'd butter the toast, break it up, and put it in a bowl with the poached egg on top. Bacon optional but prefered :)

Originally posted by sandman
Not to be confused with "Toad in a Hole"

Take a thick slice of Italian bread, butter both sides, tear out the center leaving a big hole.

Fry in a pan and drop an egg in the middle, cook "over medium" so the yoke is still soft, and top with parmesan cheese!

YUM!

Oh yeah, my Mom used to make that too. Not wanting to waste anything, she would butter up the "holes" and lightly brown them in the pan. We loved those even more.

Bill

We call those One-Eyed Sandwiches at my house. Never heard of putting parmesan cheese on it though.

I always think of comfort food as coming in two varieties: the nostalgic kind that reminds you of growing up, home or old times and the kind that would be comforting and available now. My Uncle Helmut makes the best roast beef sandwiches imaginable. I have the recipe and can make it just like he does (I faked it for years though ;) ) it always tastes better back home with a spread put out by my aunt.

I was surprised to see cornbread listed. That's a staple at our house which gets made at least once a week.

For me, comfort food consists of:

Scratch made biscuits and gravy with sausage...white gravy mmm..

French toast

Pancakes

Homemade noodles in chicken noodle soup and dumplings

Potato soup

Fettucini alfredo with homemade alfredo sauce and noodles (you know there are 10 TBSP of butter in alfredo sauce?!?)

Beef stroganoff with above said homemade noodles

Chorizo Burritos my mom makes

Mac & Cheese cooked in the oven - no boxes here

Chicken Tetrazinni

Pimento Spread

Rocky Mountain Oysters (Calf fries in TX)

A big ole' calzone like I used to get when I swam two a days...mmmm

Beef Tacos my mom makes that have orange grease dripping out of them.

Well, that's all my stomach is letting me list - it's demanding food.

Edward

Latest posts

Back