• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Clear shipping labels for decals?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunstar

Reaction score
I was at Staples and saw Avery has full sheet clear shipping lables (inkjet or laser, Avery #7665) . Has anyone tried using these for decals? If so how are they? I suspect they are a bit thick so I didn't buy them but if others have had good results I'd like to know.

I haven't tried them so don't have an answer.

But I can't recall anyone ever expressing any fondness for the clear-backed stickers that come in some kits. And that is putting it nicely. Do you have any particular reason to be interested in these, other than simple curiosity? I can maybe imagine that at large sizes, waterslides become unwieldy, but then again applying a large sticker seems difficult as well. Not sure if the same sort of techniques used for applying vinyl would work for those.

I haven't tried them so don't have an answer.

But I can't recall anyone ever expressing any fondness for the clear-backed stickers that come in some kits. And that is putting it nicely. Do you have any particular reason to be interested in these, other than simple curiosity? I can maybe imagine that at large sizes, waterslides become unwieldy, but then again applying a large sticker seems difficult as well. Not sure if the same sort of techniques used for applying vinyl would work for those.

I'm planning on something that will require a somewhat large custom decal. This seemed cheaper than printing waterslides.

I was at Staples and saw Avery has full sheet clear shipping lables (inkjet or laser, Avery #7665) . Has anyone tried using these for decals? If so how are they? I suspect they are a bit thick so I didn't buy them but if others have had good results I'd like to know.
I think so... I got these printed at a Kinkos

1687312370620.png1687312391270.png

Read about it here...

Back