Checklist for recording iFIP Featherweight Tracker screen during flight (iOS)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manixFan

Not a rocket scientist
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I do regarding recording the screen during flight to have a video record of everything that happens - I use the following checklist:
  • review amount of free space on phone and free up space if needed (you can do a test screen recording using a simulation to check for size and practice)
  • if you going to be in an area with bad cell reception that is hard on the battery, have a battery booster (like at BALLS)
  • at the field make sure compass is calibrated (look for online instructions if not sure how to do this)
  • make sure the Screen Recording button is added to control center
  • go to Display and Brightness and set Auto-Lock to Never (prevents screen from going to sleep during recording)
  • set a reminder for that evening to reset auto-lock
  • make sure Mute is off and volume is turned up, optionally turn on Do Not Disturb
  • if you want to record both App audio and Microphone audio, long press on the screen recoding button and tap the Microphone On button (in addition to capturing the countdown, I use this to make audio notes during the flight)
  • put several post it notes around my prep area reminding me to turn on screen recording!
Then, as the announcer is calling out my flight, I'll swipe down to get to control center and tap the Screen Recording button. At the end of the flight tap the red recording indicator in the upper left to stop recording, or just lock the phone. Now no matter what happens during the flight, you'll have instant access to everything that was visible on screen, no downloading needed.

Tony

Back