Chap-Stick? PMC? MMX? YEP!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, our launch for today was rained out. We're hoping for tomorrow (CMASS launch in Tewksbury)...

Watching a ball game before going out fishing with Jennifer (that's another story... LOL) and I was looking at my chapstick on the table... on the table with it were a MMX motor tube and my razor knife...

Got to thinking...

Got to cutting...

Got to gluing...

...and ended up with this... :D

Will see what happens tomorrow...

hmmm looks like the newest addition to the Fliskits micromaxx collection ;) great idea Jim, I guess a true rocketeers mind never turns off. 'hmm....HEY! That could fly!....' :D:D:D

Looks more like a flyer for those cold New England winter days. Maybe call it Frostbite? Susie?

--Chan Stevens

There you go! I saw a lifting body in a lemon bottle and now you see a Micromaxx in the Chapstick. Sometimes I think I could launch half the products in the kitchen or in the medicine cabinet! :)

Well, **fortunately** we could never afford the license cost to produce a Chapstick rocket....

SO this one will forever stay one of my "scratchbuilts" (hence the forum I posted it in) :)

So there! LOL

I was real pleased with how it came out... I will also admit that I have already ripped the fins off of it once today...

...Seriously...

I'm watching the ball game and eating sunflower seeds when I realized that my lips were *real* dry... So I glance over, grab the chapstick, pull the lid off and *TWIST* the bottom.... *pop* - *pop* - *pop*

I was wondering why the top seemed to be teathered to the bottom there...

So I guess I did a real good job in keeping this thing looking like a chapstick... LOL

Originally posted by lessgravity
There you go! I saw a lifting body in a lemon bottle and now you see a Micromaxx in the Chapstick. Sometimes I think I could launch half the products in the kitchen or in the medicine cabinet! :)

I will admit that you *are* partially responsible for this thing... :)

that is... just...so...'out of the box'... that my sides are aching! Love it.

Kyle an I were at the CMASS launch eariler today, Jim had a few goodies to try.

The Chap stick flight was awesome, stright boost to aprox. 100' nice close recovery! I will let Jim tell you all about the other new goodies he had.

LOVE IT!

Now you just need one of those Chap-Stick girls to help you launch it...

-Tim

I was *very* pleased with how well the Chapstick rocket flew. Perfect boost, deployment at apogee and a nice soft landing, ready to go again.

I will be flying the *snot* out of this thing! LOL

You can check out a (very) short photo album of today's launch by clicking here.

Back