Centuri - Screaming Eagle Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
This one will always be a sentimental favorite. The Screaming Eagle was my very first rocket. It was abused and mistreated but lasted through my entire youth affiliation with rocketry and quite a few years more. It was eventually thrown out.

When I became a BAR, I diligently searched Ebay looking for one. I found the very starter kit I had started out with advertised as "unopened". I paid way too much for it but it was worth it to me. When it arrived, it had a built rocket and one old Centuri motor. The launch pad was nowhere to be found. I had been rooked but it was still worth it to me. I would have liked to have built the rocket but I repaired it instead.

It rarely flies but, when it does, it performs about as well as the one of my youth.

Screaming-Eagle-2.jpg

Screaming-Eagle-flight-1a.jpg

SE-f1b.jpg

SE-f1d.jpg

SE-f1f.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Centuri - Screaming Eagle (KF-3 or #5173) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Screaming Eagle (KF-3 or #5173) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Screaming Eagle: KF-3 or #5173

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Screaming Eagle (KF-3 or #5173) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Screaming Eagle

KF-3 or #5173

Introduced: 1973
Final Year: 1983
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 16.4"
Diameter: 0.91"
Span:
Weight: 1.6 oz

Mfg. Description: Ideal for group projects! Shiny chrome "decals"! "Out-a-sight" with a "C"! Chute & engine lock! 5 built-in colors! (Centuri 1973 Catalog)

centuri-screaming%20eagle-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1973 Catalog
centuri-screaming%20eagle-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1975 Catalog
centuri-screaming%20eagle-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-screaming%20eagle-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog
centuri-screaming%20eagle-1982%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1982 Catalog

centuri-screaming%20eagle-facecard.jpg

centuri-screaming%20eagle-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back