Laser / CNC Centering rings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use AutoCAD or will just design them in Lightburn, all depending on the complexity of the CR.

I can't understand how to use those programs. They don't make sense. Why cant we get Rocksim to work properly? I tried to learn Fusion360 but it is so counter intuitive I just wind up confused and frustrated. I can't even figure out how you get things to an exact size.

I can't understand how to use those programs. They don't make sense. Why cant we get Rocksim to work properly? I tried to learn Fusion360 but it is so counter intuitive I just wind up confused and frustrated. I can't even figure out how you get things to an exact size.
Are you laser cutting or cnc? If laser cutting, what program are you using?

Being a Windows user all my years, the Fusion360 seems more like an Apple designed product in the way it does things, so I totally agree with you, it frustrates me too! o_O

Laser cutting. I use lightburn.
If you are doing just single hole CRs, then you can just make them in lightburn. Just draw your outer circle and your inner circle, then put the inner circle inside the outer circle. Then select both circles and then select the bullseye looking button at the top. This will center them. You are now ready to burn it.

Back