CC Express

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Finally built my CC Express that's been on my build stack forever. Really nice kit as usual from Estes. The laser cut fins were perfect. Only change I made was to add a coupler just to hold the stages together while on display. I used Rustoleum Metallic paint for the finish with two coats of clear. Excited to see it fly next month, should get some serious altitude.

DSC00302.jpg

Nice,
I've had mine built for a few mnths now and still have not had the chance to fly it.
It's going to go high of two Ds.

Good looking build and I like the paint job. The photo is pretty nice as well. I'm looking forward to a couple of 'stagers myself.

Good looking build and I like the paint job. The photo is pretty nice as well. I'm looking forward to a couple of 'stagers myself.

Ditto :) Need some flight pics as as is conveniant:)
Cheers
fred

Here is my CCexpress,Modified for 3 stages.This is my 2nd one.The first was lost on maiden flight,(too much wind at altittude)should have cropped chute,it drifted at least a half mile out of sight and never found. So I bought another to try again and had a extra booster leftover from 1st one(I found the booster) This time I added extra "chines" about 1/3rd up for stability, or at least it looks kool.. I'll be launching it on D12-0's,D12-6 plus Magician on E9-5, Renegade on E9 and my scratch built A.G.M.-84. Hope to fly Sunday AM if theres no wind.Changed chute to streamer on CC Express this time.

Attachments

• 021311 076.jpg
    021311 076.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 15
Here's C.C.Express during const. w/2 stage.Note added stablilizer"chines" I felt it needed a little balance about 11" up main tube, so these added effect and need for forward weight distribution...I did this on last one that I lost,but launch was so straight and smooth I added them again this time. The first one in January went higher than I expected...These are great designs (I think one of Estes best) Hope you get to find out soon.

021311 065.jpg

Back