Careful, it bites!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelltym88

Reaction score
Almost finished with my Centuri almost clone of the Black Widow. Just needs a little touch up here and there. I say almost cause I got all the parts from Semroc, even tho it's not a "kit". Here's a couple pics...

Nice!

Is the booster the glide back version.

Love the paint.

Looks great :) A gliding shot will be cool when you can get around to it :)
Cheers
fred

I got the paint scheme from this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=20653&highlight=black+widow

dtomko did such a fantastic job on his, I thought I'd try to copy it. I masked and painted mine. Looks good from far away. I tried to make the hourglass really stand out, you can tell up close. Hope to launch at the end of the month.

That's my son Kole, he's such a ham, I don't know where he gets it from...

I have an original Centuri one of those sitting in the bag.
I hope mine looks as nice as yours when I get around to it. One of the things holding me back is the idea of trying to mask the curves.

Nice job.

Hope to launch at the end of the month.

You've done it now! I'm going to hold you to that and expect to see you at Lucerne on the 30th; otherwise, you won't hear the end of it from me.:D

Sweet - I love seeing clones of these old birds made. Be sure to post launch pics!

Very nice!
I built the Semroc clone too, but chickened out on the paint scheme and left it all white. It gets up there on just a B6/A8 combo. I never got the booster trimmed quit right either.

The paint on the external coupler gets toasted after one launch.

Wow!:surprised: That is one VERY NICE looking rocket! can't wait to see some pics and/or videos!

Mike

Back