Carded Buck Rogers Starfighter clone-in progress!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I've got some actual hard parts put together. Here's some photos of where I'm at so far. I printed the parts out using only the regular paper 'draft' setting. I have to stop and make some minor corrections for graphic-to-parts matching. Overall it's coming along, but S-L-O-W. :(
This is the first cardstock project I've done in almost 2 years, so my skills are a bit rusty, and this model aint easy!
I'll be glad when it's done, flown, onthe shelf, and in the 'completed folder'.
Anyway-here's how things are looking right now.
Eric:)

I can't wait to see it done too!
May I ask what are your intenions with this for distribution?

You have created a work of art. Eric your model makes the orignal Centuri rocket look like a plane jane. This will be high on my build list when it is offerred. Thanks again.

UM...Thanks!:D I wasn't sure anyone actually liked what I did to it, and considered it just a one-off for Bunny and I.

I've started printing out the parts today for the 'BETA', and I hope the final version. I widened the rainbow band a bit, and used the darker color on few more panels to liven it up. The full printed version is a richer (darker), of course. I bought a bottle of the Testors MM camo gray as noted in an earlier post and the printed colors match up well enough to the paint for coloring the white edges, except on the engine graphics-duh.
I'll post a nicely, (as well as I can do anyway), version.
Except for the upper platepostion ,flat laminates and tube/noses rolling, it assembles up like the Centuri kit it's modeled after. So those instructions can be used as a guide.
Distribution? I don't have it 'kitted' yet. It's too early to think about it. Wait and see what you think of the final version, and if you like it, I'll probably just email it out on an 'asking' basis.

OH YEAH- PS......

Since there's no way to hide the tail fins, we thought we may as well do something with em and have all but 100% decided/pasted on The skull/crossbones used by Captain Harlock, (an Anime series from about the same time as the Buck Rogers movie and series) It can also be viewd as well as it's spinoff's Cosmo Zero, Gun Frontier, My Youth in Arcadia SSX on HULU. :D ...just fyi.

Well everyone, I WAS building the Beta model till just a bit ago. I had been working on it since my last post. However, coffee spills, printer issues, and the cats getting to it made for an UGLY version to show. For those who might be interested in a copy, I've had a couple offers from web hosts to post it when it's done, which but for one part I'm modifying, it is. Posting may be awhile as It's time for me to go back to my regular reality for the next 6 or so months. I won't be able to complete a new build in the time left, but it might be on the web before then.
I'm considering this thread finshed on my part.
Type atcha all sometime Novemberish...maybe.

Last edited:
Back