Brainlord Mesomorph checking in...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainlord Mesomorph

Reaction score
Brainlord Mesomorph to TRF, do you copy? Over….

(crackle noise)

Brainlord Mesomorph to TRF, do you copy? Over….

I have not died. But my main computer did. So for the past several weeks, I’ve been building a new computer. Since I am *not* doing Win10, that meant also migrating to Linux.

And while I’ve been up to my butt in computer parts, and wrestling with less-than-functional computers at work, I really couldn’t in good conscience spend a bunch of time on hobbies. Much less hours typing about them online. My DIY Launch Controller project had to be back-burnered as my electronics shop is currently buried in PC boards and hard drives.

But I am speaking to you from my new Ryzen7 4Ghz, 16GB computer (8 cores?!) with a 500GB SSD boot drive. Boy this thing FLYS! Everything just pops open! (even in my Windows VMs) So while still have a lot of Linux configuring to do, I am back among the computing.

It still been too hot to launch, but I did (had to) steal a few hours here and there for rocket building.

My “Zed 3” three stage experimental lifter is complete. After a fulsome set of low-altitude payload experiments, I plan building my first flight computer and trying air-starts and dual-deployment recovery.

Also I had a failed Estes Mercury Redstone kit that I figured out what to do with.

I was unhappy with the way the plastic model parts for the nosecone fit. It was crooked. But then I realized that the Redstone rocket was used for other things besides that damn capsule. After a fascinating jaunt into post-WWII rocket history, I have changed the kit into a PGM-11 Redstone Nuclear Missile! (pics soon)

So anyway, I’m back.

There are a couple of other threads I’ve been stalking that I’ll chime in on soon. And I have questions about a launch pad I’m working on.

Back