Quantcast

BNC-20L mini bertha nose cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

chronister

Reaction score
Anyone have a BNC-20L, Mini Bertha nose cone, that you are willing to sell or trade? (clone or already painted ok - as long as it's reasonably accurate and not messed up)

powderburner

Reaction score
Sandman (Gordon Agnello)

or BMS (Balsa Machining Service)

Both are very good, easy to work with, very fair prices

powderburner

Reaction score
Semroc has the cone here...
Those words may say elliptical, but that picture (if it is an accurate representation) just doesn't look like the right shape for a Bertha NC of any scale, at least to my old eyeballs.

I'm going to re-recommend Sandman or BMS, I think they will get closer to what you want

MarkII

Reaction score
Those words may say elliptical, but that picture (if it is an accurate representation) just doesn't look like the right shape for a Bertha NC of any scale, at least to my old eyeballs.

I'm going to re-recommend Sandman or BMS, I think they will get closer to what you want
You are exactly right - it doesn't resemble a downscaled PNC-60 at all. But Semroc's BNC-20L IS an accurate reproduction of the nose cone that Estes used for the 0803/TK-3 Mini Bertha mini-brute.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=3405

MarkII

chronister

Reaction score
When I tried the BMS reproduction nosecones, I found them highly inaccurate. The ones from Semroc are much closer to the original Estes -- and the diameters are more accurate.

I don't have any experience with Sandman, one way or the other.

Carl

Reaction score
You are exactly right - it doesn't resemble a downscaled PNC-60 at all. But Semroc's BNC-20L IS an accurate reproduction of the nose cone that Estes used for the 0803/TK-3 Mini Bertha mini-brute.

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=3405

MarkII
Thanks, Mark.

We sell both the "correct" BNC-20L and the BNC-20LS, which is a downscale of the old BNC-60L. We do not have a downscale of the later PNC-60MS, yet.

Both copies I have of the original Estes BNC-20L have the distinctive straight walls leading to a short ogive like our BNC-20L. My Mini-Bertha does not even look like the Big Bertha.