Blue Raven Data corrupted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahpr

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Got this error on my 1st flight with the BR. How can the data be downloaded again? And by download, this means to the phone, right?

I have a Real Term window open and connected, no idea how to format a command to download this flight. I'm only interested in the motor burn data.

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

• share_7992607704216884706.png
    share_7992607704216884706.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi guys,

Got this error on my 1st flight with the BR. How can the data be downloaded again? And by download, this means to the phone, right?

I have a Real Term window open and connected, no idea how to format a command to download this flight. I'm only interested in the motor burn data.

Thanks,
Jerry
I haven't seen that before. But to download it again, you can delete that flight (slide it to the left) and then the next time your Blue Raven connects to your phone it will try again to download it.

You can either power cycle the Blue Raven to start a new connection, or select "forget device" and then select it when it comes up in the New Devices list.

If you prefer to download over USB via RealTerm, you can command "download l" for the low rate data or "download h" for the high rate data. Commands in RealTerm need to be sent through the Send tab.

Thanks Adrian! I'll do both when I get back home. Reading the doc I wasn't sure whether the "download h" command needed a bunch of arguments to work. Glad it doesn't :)
Jerry

Greetings Adrian, I'm just getting around to this now, but no luck. Although the last flight downloaded again and displays summary info on the app, I cannot share the csv, I get same error message.

So 2 questions for you and the group if anyone can help;

1. How can I use this Hi data to plot the motor burn? That's all I'm interested in.

@ LOG_HIR 139 2024 1 27 11:26:39.800 130 1568 85 -64 889 -44 80 21573 3475 4131 20135 38 0 CRC: 3B3C
@ LOG_HIR 139 2024 1 27 11:26:39.802 132 1562 65 -54 881 -47 52 21627 3491 4122 20076 38 0 CRC: 2BF1

2. Since my file has an error which prevents it from being downloaded and the graph being displayed on the app, assuming one has a good file, can the graph on the app be zoomed in?

Thanks again.

Greetings Adrian, I'm just getting around to this now, but no luck. Although the last flight downloaded again and displays summary info on the app, I cannot share the csv, I get same error message.

So 2 questions for you and the group if anyone can help;

1. How can I use this Hi data to plot the motor burn? That's all I'm interested in.

@ LOG_HIR 139 2024 1 27 11:26:39.800 130 1568 85 -64 889 -44 80 21573 3475 4131 20135 38 0 CRC: 3B3C
@ LOG_HIR 139 2024 1 27 11:26:39.802 132 1562 65 -54 881 -47 52 21627 3491 4122 20076 38 0 CRC: 2BF1

2. Since my file has an error which prevents it from being downloaded and the graph being displayed on the app, assuming one has a good file, can the graph on the app be zoomed in?

Thanks again.
1. There is a header row when you download over USB serial that labels the columns.

2. Yes the graph can be zoomed in with standard 2-finger zooming. The vertical axis auto-scales for the displayed time range.

Adrian,

How exactly do you download? I f'ed around with this last night for an hour and a half, I could only figure out how to capture. Sending download l or summary or download h causes the scrolling data to change (and can be captured on the capture tab) but I see no way to download a file. Please help :)

Adrian,

How exactly do you download? I f'ed around with this last night for an hour and a half, I could only figure out how to capture. Sending download l or summary or download h causes the scrolling data to change (and can be captured on the capture tab) but I see no way to download a file. Please help :)
The terminal software can’t download a file like the actual interface software. You turn on the logging feature of your terminal software and capture the data to a text file. Then you open that file in Excel as a CSV file and delete the unwanted lines. It’s a pain compared to using the app, but it may help you recover your data otherwise.

Good luck,

Tony

Thank you Tony. I agree, I feel this is a pain compared to using interface software. That said, Adrian states that there is a header row when you download over a USB cable - I don't see that, only what I posted above. So there's another way to get the data in RealTerm I am clearly not seeing.

Thank you Tony. I agree, I feel this is a pain compared to using interface software. That said, Adrian states that there is a header row when you download over a USB cable - I don't see that, only what I posted above. So there's another way to get the data in RealTerm I am clearly not seeing.
You get the header row when you issue either of the following commands:

download l
download h

Which will 'download' the low and high rate data, respectively. (It really just spews it out into the terminal window – you have to capture it separately.) When I was beta-testing, I would turn logging on, issue the command, wait for it to go back to the idle state, and then turn logging off. It can take quite a while to download the high rate data.

I use 'YAT' (Yet Another Terminal) on the windows side to log the data – it is a lot easier to send commands than using a simple terminal program. Plus you can program buttons to issue common commands if you use them a lot:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/y-a-terminal/

Tony

Last edited:
Back