Blue Ninja motor retention mod?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckeye

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to fly 24mm RMS motors in the Blue Ninja, but the twist-lock thingy will not accept the rear closure of the motor case. Any suggestions for alternative motor retention (other than friction fit)? Thanks.

I would like to fly 24mm RMS motors in the Blue Ninja, but the twist-lock thingy will not accept the rear closure of the motor case. Any suggestions for alternative motor retention (other than friction fit)? Thanks.

You can use the RMS case with the Blue Ninja with the stock rear closure if you happened to make it E-compatible (longer before the stop) when you built the motor mount. The motor sticks in farther, but you can make the twist closure work if you line it up with the RMS rear closure slots.

Adrian:

I didn't assemble anything yet, just dry fitting. Yes, E-size was also in my plans. OK, I think I see what you mean. Thanks for the tip. Yes, the RMS will be very recessed up the butt of the rocket. Is this a problem? The plastic twist lock assembly will probably melt/deform from the motor exhaust, eventually.

Back