Blackcat 4th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Johnnierkt
I lived in El Paso, TX for many years, and Fireworks were a no-no there as well ( too dry ). . . but here in the Heart of Dixie, there is a TNT or Blackcat stand on every corner.

Growing up in EP, we made regular pigrimages to New Mexico to get our fireworks. Lots of accessible remote desert also, which is where most were set off. We also shot a lot in the El Paso vicinity, but still maily in remote spots.

My county learned from CA so everything is a no-no. :(

Speaking of illegal...

i said I got those bottle rockets. I went back to the fireworks store where I got em, the owner said the fire marshal came and said that they were in fact illegal. The fireworks book or whatever the owners get didnt say anything though.

:eek:

The big stuff was cool, but bottle rockets were my favorites. Those and plain old black cats by the gazillions. 20+ years ago you could finagle some nice big fircrackers too.

Almost all of my models wound up in itsy bitsy pieces in the desert.

The new tradition started here at the house is tank battles...we had two tanks last year, and lost the war...not this year, the Republic of JohnnieRKT has re-built his army, and will battle to the end.

It kinda neat though, as there is a large crowd at my house, and we all light our tanks at the same time, and fight it out in no man land...(my driveway)

...but 4 guys that all have mortars, and we each twist about three fuses each, is the bomb...we got a lot of finalies this way :cool:

Back