Betty White

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rest in Peace Betty. Sorry about the thread.

That was a good post, it just happens to be in the wrong thread is all. FWIW, I think it's worth adding to the Chuck Yeager thread I posted a link to above.

It was last night on SNL.

Huh...
Not according to the listing..
I saw the 10pm rerun, and recorded the 11:30pm rerun and it didn't say anything about her..
They musta switched which rerun they were showing without changing the listing ??

I'll see the 11:30 later with the boss..

Teddy

Somewhere around a dozen or more years ago, I was tucking in my daughter (now 22) and reading a chapter of whatever book to her. She said something that sounded like a Match Game question. I said so, and she didn't know what I meant, so I found a couple of clips on YouTube. One started out from the show's intro. "It's time to match the stars! Jamie Farr. Brett Somers. [and so on]" She said to me "I have never heard of any... OK, except for Betty White, I have never heard of any of these people."

She was in a recent interview with People magazine and was asked what is the secret to her long life. She said "Don't eat anything green".
Cracked me up.
That one reminds me of a quip from Julia Child. Asked the key to her long life, she said it came from eating a good balanced diet: red meat and gin.

There is an hour long tribute on Netflix to her, tracing her career.
It's called Betty White, First Lady of Television.
As to why there are more tributes for her compared to other celebrities who have passed, her executive assistant remembered something she said:
"When you're a film star, people see you on a great big screen, and they go somewhere, they pay to see you on that screen. And so those people feel kind of untouchable. I've been in peoples' homes for 70 years, so they feel like I'm just accessible"
I would add very few people have been more beloved. And just plain funny.

She was beautiful, funny, and seemed to be a wonderful person. I loved watching her in whatever she was doing at the time. I found this video and I just love it. It just shows how she got along with the people she worked with and how she could laugh at her self. RIP!

Last edited:
I edited this post due to some temporary issue not worth mentionning.

Here's Betty's top ten list. It might have been posted elsewhere but I think here is also a good place.

Last edited:
Back