3D Printing Beta - Wilson FX Lid

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might consider adding some relief handles to the lid. You might be surprised how hard it is to pull a smooth sided lid off with tabbed catches.

You might consider adding some relief handles to the lid. You might be surprised how hard it is to pull a smooth sided lid off with tabbed catches.
It is not an issue with the model I have tested.

Ok, I will test. Few prints I have during our next launch.

Ok, I will test. Few prints I have during our next launch.
Chuck, if you're doing it for profit, then I'll go ahead and buy from you. Because shipping to the Netherlands is a hassle, and if you're just doing it for cost, I can print my own if you make the STL file available.

Hello Chuck,

I will admit that I'm curious. Is this a snap on lid for an LCU-64 or a PBU-8 for use during storage or on the field or what?

Brad

Hello Chuck,

I will admit that I'm curious. Is this a snap on lid for an LCU-64 or a PBU-8 for use during storage or on the field or what?

Brad
Brad,

I have a launch this weekend and will take photos of the beta model. Essentially, it works for both the PBU-8 and LCU-64. I have tested the LCU-64 for several months. The cover is to protect the buttons in transport and storage. It allows for the LCU to be tilted slightly for easier use during launching.

I have a redesign that I will test during the next launch.

I am testing a beta version on several PBU-8s this month also.

We would be interested. Talked to club president (first thing he said was 'they come with lids, they are terrible and break), but then I said this was 3D printed and he was interested. He has access to some large scale/industrial printers so this could definitely be useful when you post the stl

We would be interested. Talked to club president (first thing he said was 'they come with lids, they are terrible and break), but then I said this was 3D printed and he was interested. He has access to some large scale/industrial printers so this could definitely be useful when you post the stl

I will post my final design and some comments on the testing after this weekend's launch.

Back