EVENT Battle Park Feb 2nd and 3rd Launch is a GO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
We are planning on getting there at 10AM to set up, so don't drive on the field until we arrive to tell you where to park.

The field still has snow on the ground, but the temperatures shouldn't be above freezing until the afternoon.
It is supposed to be substantially warmer on Sunday, and we will have to be prepared for mud.

The schedule will be as follows:
Saturday – 10:00 – 4:00. Complete the setup which means we probably will not be able to starting to fly until around noon.
Sunday – 10:00 to 3:00 so we get home in time for the Super Bowl.

Club dues are due. $25 membership fee and $10 flight fees per flying day, or $50 for the season, no further flight fees for the season (through April).

The club has purchased a Keurig and will have coffee, tea and hot cocoa k cups. If you want something different, please feel free to bring your own k cups.

As far as we know, there will be no vendor at the field.

All packed up and ready to go! Got BigBird in the truck with an EX M motor, but might wait until Sunday. The aviation forecast is calling for 4 mph winds Saturday, and 1 mph winds on Sunday! Winds aloft are usually lower when the surface is that calm. It might be a little muddy, but it should be GREAT flying weather!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    43.9 KB · Views: 14
I'll be there Sunday too with my 11.5" diameter Cowabunga Mammoth and a very loud M1770 Skidmark.

I'll be there Sunday too with my 11.5" diameter Cowabunga Mammoth and a very loud M1770 Skidmark.
Be aware that we my have to shut down early on Sunday do to field conditions. Get there as early as possible.

We had a lot of flights on Saturday.

I'll be there about 9 AM to meet the tree climber and take him out to get Grapeshot! If everything works well, I might be back to launch BigBird by noon.

I'm going to bring along a 6G CTI sparkie in case grapeshot is ready to go again.

Good morning! Yesterday we were able to have our first full day of flying for the season. Thanks go out to all those who came out and helped run the range. Today will have to be an abbreviated flying day. Temperatures will be well over freezing by noon and the field will again be dangerously slippery. Please plan on getting there as early as possible, and we will need help with tear down starting by 1pm.

It was warm and muddy today. Not many folks came out but there were a few nice launches. Here's a video of my high power two stage launch....

Back