Balsa Machining Service pre-order discount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsume99

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just happened to visit the BMS AeroTech High Power page today and I see they are offering a discount for pre-ordering reloads (25%) and motor hardware (20%). I'm a recent BAR and this is the first time I've seen a sale like this. I assume BMS does this on some sort of regular basis, maybe quarterly? Do other vendors offer the same bulk pre-order discounts? I'm basically trying to figure out the most cost effective way to buy motors and this looks like it may be one method.

BMS does this on a regular basisand this is not really part of other vendors offering. BTW, used BMS a lot when they were in the Midwest and always received excellent service!

I bought from them several years ago. Still haven't burnt it all. Never had an issue with the pre-order. Did at least 3 large orders with them. Mostly 29mm HPR.

If you are a WM member you get a deeper discount...worth the $30 membership fee
Can you elaborate because as far as I can tell the WM club price is higher. The WM club price for all 29/180 motors is $17.99 vs. a BMS pre-order price of $14.99. For 240's its $21.59 vs. $17.99. For 360's its $28.79 vs. $23.99. Am I missing something?

If you are a WM member you get a deeper discount...worth the $30 membership fee

Year round? I know I got some great deals from them and other vendors during the BF/BS sales. Wasn't aware of any others that were year round.

I just happened to visit the BMS AeroTech High Power page today and I see they are offering a discount for pre-ordering reloads (25%) and motor hardware (20%). I'm a recent BAR and this is the first time I've seen a sale like this. I assume BMS does this on some sort of regular basis, maybe quarterly? Do other vendors offer the same bulk pre-order discounts? I'm basically trying to figure out the most cost effective way to buy motors and this looks like it may be one method.

BMS is great on Aerotech RMS , but the AT Hobbyline discount is 10% .

I have been buying non-hazmat AT with BMS and Hobbyline RMS with Wildman - anything HAZMAT really have to bundle up or just buy onsite for it to make sense. Wildman does have club pricing and carry both AT and CTI so that helps alot .

Kenny

BMS is great on Aerotech RMS , but the AT Hobbyline discount is 10% .

I have been buying non-hazmat AT with BMS and Hobbyline RMS with Wildman - anything HAZMAT really have to bundle up or just buy onsite for it to make sense. Wildman does have club pricing and carry both AT and CTI so that helps alot .

Kenny

I just buy from WM I have plenty of disposable cash so I really not going to worry about 2-3 bucks. I rather do the one stop shopping and leave it at that.

We do monthly Pre Orders in addition to our regular orders. Check out https://www.BuyRocketMotors.com Our Regularly Stocked motors and Pre Order motors/hardware are both discounted. I can sometimes add a Pre Order on top of our regular orders depending on the timing. The last several times the turn around has only been 2 weeks, which is nice.

For our Regularly Stocked motors, we're offering free HAZMAT on orders of $189 or more at the moment. I'm having fun experimenting with that sort of thing..............

Thank you.

I used BMS when they were in IL, and still do now that they are down the road in NV. Bill is a true rocekteer and will not rest until you are happy. I buy almost all of my Aerotech RMS reloads via BMS pre-order, that way I don't have to wait until once or twice a year for that one really good sale that's not much cheaper than BMS' every day low, pre-order prices. Highly recommended!

I have been buying with the pre-order pricing option from BMS for several years. The way it works is, you place your order before the end of the current month and BMS then makes one big order from Aerotech on the first of the following month. You have to wait until Aerotech ships that big monthly order to BMS and then they in turn ship out the individual orders to everyone that placed their pre-orders with BMS. This can save you a good amount of money, if you don't mind waiting anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks typically. I make one major purchase in the spring for all of my Aerotech needs for the upcoming flying season. This way I only wind up paying for one hazmat shipping fee per year. This year alone I bought around 20 reloads in the I impulse range, but have just recently gotten my Level 2, so some J motors will be next. Bill S. of BMS has always taken good care of me, and I personally recommend him as one of my go to vendors. I also burn about the same amount of CTI reloads, but I get them from our on-site vendor, which is Robert and Gloria of AMW/ProX. I am also a Wildman club member and have purchased from Tim several times, but mostly during those insanely good Black Saturday sales.

Back