Back in after 30 years

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond3457

Reaction score
Hey all! Getting back into the hobby after 30 some years. So far I have built several Estes models in the past month or so. However, this time around I want to build bigger and better rockets. I am already working on a 4" LOC Goblin for my level 1 cert. Found the build on here from the link on the LOC web-cite. Met a great bunch of guys and gals at Mid-South Rocket Society (MSRS) that have already provided help/guidance/support!

That's how I did it too.... Flew Estes and Centuri rockets as a kid, then went on to other things in life, and then somehow walked back into rocketry upon my retirement.. I've been back in the hobby about 18 months, still prepping for my L1, although I've already built and flown several rockets that'll do the job. Hey, compared to what I flew as a kid, a G motor was a big step up. Back then I could only afford the Estes 13mm motors, and $4.95 was a lot of money for a kit. Now I'm spending hundreds of dollars on motors. Burned up over $1000 on propellant this year and the year is only half over. Welcome back!

Back