ARTS...It was my fault

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ARTS will go into flight mode and erase memory if it does not detect the config/download program within a few seconds after powerup. It is purely a matter of time after being powered up.

The R-DAS erases memory when it detects launch. You can turn it on and off any number of times and leave it on for any amount of time and it will not erase memory unless it detects launch.

I would prefer to see the ARTS changed to have the R-DAS behavior.

Dean

Originally posted by snowman2
The ARTS will go into flight mode and erase memory if it does not detect the config/download program within a few seconds after powerup. It is purely a matter of time after being powered up.

The R-DAS erases memory when it detects launch. You can turn it on and off any number of times and leave it on for any amount of time and it will not erase memory unless it detects launch.

I would prefer to see the ARTS changed to have the R-DAS behavior.

Dean

Dean-

The ARTS does not erase memory when it goes into flight mode. The only time that data is lost is when the ARTS detects launch and begins to overwrite the old data.

Try it. Download your data, power cycle the ARTS and let it go into flight mode, power cycle it again and download your original data. See? No change.

There was a time, with an older version of the firmware, when allowing the ARTS to go into flight mode was a no no because it overwrote the calibration values in the data file. The flight data was still there, but with bad cal values it was then hard to interpret the flight data.

Back