Anyone order from Aardvark Rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeenRocketNerd

Reaction score
Just came across the company on a google search for a specific model, and I wondered if anyone knew whether they were still in business, and whether they are good to do business with or not. i see their site hasn't been updated since 2003, so i was just curious as to what was up...they had a few models that interested me, and that I haven't seen anywhere else, although the prices do seem a bit high. let me know...I'm hungry for feedback :D:D

Unfortunately, Aarvark went out of business years ago... Every now and then you'll see one of their kits show up in the auctions at ROL or on ebay...

Countdown hobbies has maybe one or two Aardvark rockets left in a 2-for-1 OOP box*. Aardvark rockets were OK. I have built two or three.

He sold mostly scale military style kits. Some where the smaller variety (18 mm), while others were in the mid-power range.

*at least they did when I was there last week.

Thanks guys, that's too bad he's closed, though that is what I figured. The reason I wanted to know was that I was hoping to do a clone model of a scud missle, and he sold an 18mm version of one. I can't seem to find a model of one anywhere else...I searched on here, and all I could find is where someone was offering downloads for a cardstock model of a scud... Any clue as to where I might be able to find one...I love doing military models, and a scud would add a touch of infamy (sp?) to my collection...Thanks for any input...

edit: i checked countdown, I couldn't find where that was offered any longer. :(

For what it's worth, card stock models make great conversions to flying model rockets. And, you can always build the paper model and use it as a model to build a flying version using upscale/downscale parts.

Here's my paper model of a Ghauri model (Pakistani) which is inspired from a North Korean design, which was inspired by a scud.

Latest posts

Back