Anyone have any spare E9 motor hooks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had any spare E9 motor hooks they could send me???

I will gladly pay for them and/or any shipping charges.:)

Make your own from the metal strips inside of used windshield wipers...

Make your own from the metal strips inside of used windshield wipers...

I have heard this before, but how many times does one come across used windshield wipers?

My wipers get changed every three years or so.

I have heard this before, but how many times does one come across used windshield wipers?

Whenever I need some of the stainless metal strips I go to a quick oil change place. They "usually", especially in the winter, have some wiper blades in the trash.

Like Gordon said...

Go to an auto parts store when its raining and you will usually find a few sets in the trash. They are NOT hard to find. Within 2 weeks of me discovering this source, I found enough of the stuff to last me 5 life times.

Next time you're at wallyworld, just help yourself to those used winshield wiper blades on the back of all those gas guzzling SUVs. Try to find one that has a bumper sticker proclaiming " Soccer Mom and Proud of it!" - Those are the BEST used wiper blades to re-cycle.

Next time you're at wallyworld, just help yourself to those used winshield wiper blades on the back of all those gas guzzling SUVs. Try to find one that has a bumper sticker proclaiming " Soccer Mom and Proud of it!" - Those are the BEST used wiper blades to re-cycle.

:rotflol:

You are living up to the first part of your name EVIL ed.

-DAllen

Hit a Jiffy Lube after a rainy day! I have a relative who manages a Jiffy Lube. Told him I needed the metal strips from wiper blades and the reason behind it. Week later, he handed me a stack of 'em, stripped from the rubber, ready to go. Not all of them were to spec(too wide), but I had enough usable ones to make a few dozen hooks. That's a LOT of scratch building.

If there is an automotive/tire service dept at a nearby Walmart, that's probably another good place to check.

I'll bet for a six pack, or a lunchtime burger, you'll wind up with all the strips you could ever want or possibly use. The blades just wind up in a dumpster. Catch the right dude or gal who is environmentally conscious, and who enjoys seeing these things being recycled, and you probably won't even need to do any of that!

Actually, I ended up going to a "you pull it" junk yard and in one hour I had 104 strips... The grand price $5.:D

Actually, I ended up going to a "you pull it" junk yard and in one hour I had 104 strips... The grand price $5.:D

You paid for them? :rotflol:

Any tyre, wiper and old change place is usually glad to get rid of them.

Phil

Latest posts

Back