Anyone have any experience with USComposite's epoxy?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
I traditionally use West Systems. https://www.uscomposites.com sells West Systems and have been so good to me in the past that I use them almost exclusively for my fiberglass and epoxy needs. While I was ordering some 6oz glass, I remembered that I am almost out of epoxy. Now, US Composites has great prices but West Systems is expensive - $50 for a gallon of resin. But US Composites also sells epoxy under their brand name at different ratios. It is approximately half the cost of West Systems. So, I'm thinking about ordering some, does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Anyone have any good or bad stories?

YES!! It's very high quality and good for fiberglass layups. If you are planning of thickening it, buy the Q-CELL thickener, cheap and works extremely well!!

I've used their "slow" epoxy to fiberglass a 5.5" LOC tube with what I'd say was fair success.

It was my first time using their product and I didn't realize how thin it was and how well it would soak into the paper tubing when I removed the glassine layer. Conseqently I removed a little too much epoxy after applying the fiberglass cloth and a couple of areas "starved" because the epoxy soaked into the underlying LOC tubing. I had to sand the starved areas down and apply new glass and epoxy to repair those areas. Otherwise it worked just like I've seen West Systems do.

Ken

Back