Anyone built one of these?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I built one years ago. It had a "flight tube" that attached underneath the disc, which held the parachute. It actually flew pretty well, although it is heavy and has a lot of drag, so it didn't go very high.

I just literally flew mine to pieces. It is no more.

I had one a couple of years back - risked it on a long delay B motor - end result not too good - much like the demise of Enterprise D. I bought another one, and a replacement Kilingon Battle Cruiser a few mionths back on Ebay - really must get roung to putting it together!

I built both of those with my son, but he elected to keep them as static models. They are still in his room and if he decides he doesn't want them, they will fly!

I have one, I won it on ebay a few years ago, opened it up and planned to build it, but it looked like it was going to take more time than I had at the time, then I just never got back to it. It sure looks challenging.

Well I've cleared my work top off in anticipation, so I am now only waiting on the postal service.
Cant wait to build this, I'll get some pics of it for you guys too.

I still have my original from many years back. On the second flight the extension tube buckeled and the ejection charge burned thought the side melting part of the saucer section.. looks a little like Enterprise after the Wrath of Khan:) Still have 2 or 3 in the bags and boxes:) maybe again someday....

Back