Any Shoots in Northern Ohio

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerobee300

Reaction score
Like the title line reads ... any planned shoots scheduled for Northern Ohio this spring/summer ???

Anyone on this forum in or near the Mansfield, Ohio area ???

Good luck finding anything during summer! Launch seasons are kind of backwards. We're surrounded by nice, flat fields but they're all being farmed! I do a lot of LPR flying with my kids during the summer.
About the only action I know of that time of year is QUARK, the Cincinatti NAR section. The WV NAR section also launches at the Bob Evans Farm down in Rio Grande. I don't know what the Toledo or Cleveland NAR sections do in the summer. The Columbus NAR section flies every two weeks but last summer their field wasn't harvested until late July. Tripoli Mid-Ohio has a brand new field and we'll have launches every two weeks through April starting next weekend (weather permitting - which it usually doesn't!). Tripoli NW Ohio just lost their field east of Findlay and they're looking for another. That's a shame 'cause there's a heck of a lot of nothing up there! Don't know what the Northern Ohio Tripoli prefect has set up.
Check out www.nar.org or www.tripoli.org for complete club and schedule info.

Anyone in the north central Ohio (Mansfield) area wanna get together and have a shoot ??? I own 4 acres and am surrounded by very few trees and a bunch of (for the most part) fallow fields !!!

Back